The LDN Toolbox is a user-oriented entry point to a suite of analytical tools for land use planning and implementation toward land degradation neutrality. The workflow is structured according to the integrated land use planning-integrated land management (ILUP-ILM) cycle, as presented in the 2022 UNCCD Science-Policy Interface (SPI) review of entry points for the integration of LDN into the land use planning cycle (see page 57).
The workflow is divided into five phases,
corresponding to the five phases of the ILUP-ILM cycle:
- One: Description and Assessment (equivalent to LDN Module B – LDN baseline at time of implementation)
- Two: Visioning and Goal-Setting (equivalent to LDN Module A – LDN vision)
- Three: Planning (equivalent to LDN Module C – Neutrality mechanism)
- Four: Implementation (equivalent to LDN Module D – Interventions to achieve neutrality)
- Five: Monitoring and Evaluation (equivalent to LDN Module E – Monitoring change in land-based natural capital)